Date of Last Revision: September 30, 2016
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
ROUTE-TO-PA is a multidisciplinary innovation project, that, by combining expertise and research in the fields of e-government, computer science, learning science and economy, is aiming at improving the impact, towards citizens and within society, of ICT-based technology platforms for transparency. ROUTE-TO-PA envisions that Information and Communication Technologies for Transparency must improve the engagement of citizens by making them able to socially interact over open data, by forming or joining existing online communities that share common interest and discuss common issues of relevance to local policy, service delivery, and regulation.
One of the objectives of ROUTE-TO-PA project is to develop a Social Platform for Open Data (SPOD) enabling social interactions among open data users and between open data users and government data.
The objectives are deployed, tested and experimented in a real setting, with at least 5 pilot studies in five different European countries.
This Statement governs our relationship with citizens and all users who interact with SPOD. By using or accessing SPOD, you agree to this Statement.
The privacy of citizens is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to provide information about: (1) how you can use SPOD to collaborate around open data and share them with others, and (2) how we collect and can use content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
You own all of the content and information you post on SPOD, and you can control how it is shared through our Data Policy. In addition, adding content means that you give us the right to share it with other SPOD users, as well as save it and make analysis for research purposes. When you delete content, it is deleted from SPOD, and you will not able to see it anymore. However, that content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
SPOD users are encouraged to provide their real names and information, avoiding to provide any false personal information. We expect you do not create more than one personal account. Moreover, we expect that you do not use your SPOD account to offend or injure others. Personal and sensitive information are asked at the registration of a new account.
We expect that you will not post content or take any action on SPOD that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law. We will remove any content or information you post on SPOD if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared. Content and data are collected and processed on SPOD in compliance with: (1) Data Protection Code - Legislative Decree no. 196/2003" (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home_en/italian-legislation) and (2) "EU's Data Protection Directive" (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/).
1. Things you do and information you provide. We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our services on SPOD (What’s New, Agora, CoCreation, My Space) including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, or communicate with others (Chat service).
Personal and sensitive information collected during the account creation include: full name, email address, DOB, gender, education level, marital and employment status. This information will be kept strictly confidential. Any use of such information (for dissemination and exploitation purposes) will take place only with the written consent of the involved users.
2. Your networks and connections. We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with.
3. Your activities. We collect information about your activities on SPOD, including number of Likeing actions, number of Reactions’ actions, most “contacted” users, types of actions that lead to the creations of dataset and datalets. This information is collected only for research purposes.
1. Provide, improve and develop Services. We conduct surveys and research workshops, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to improve existing services or develop new ones.
2. Reasearch purposes. We use all types of data saved and maintained in SPOD databases (open data, discussions, chat content, and so on) to make academic research. Data will be shared with project’s participants only. Results will be released in an anonymous way.
These partners must adhere to confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy.
We collect, use, manipulate and aggregate data without share them to third party entities, or any another entity (Universities, Private societies) extraneous to the partners ROUTE-TO-PA project, that will use it only for research purposes. We do not share personally identifiable information with advertising or analytics partners. Finally, we will never make money on it. Personal and sensitive data may be used for the project dissemination reasons, only upon written consent of the involved users.
We will notify you when we will make changes to this policy in order to give you the opportunity to review the new policy and to have full control about whether continuing to use SPOD services